Friday, July 27, 2007

Top at the Box Office This Week

1. "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry." Most of Adam Sandler's comedies have been about as funny as the Bataan Death March, and this is no exception. It doesn't help that there is something about Kevin James's face that makes me want to shove it into a vat of hot frying grease until he stops wiggling.


2. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Holy Living Fuck Do I Not Give a Shit."


3. "Hairspray," which apparently is good despite all evidence to the contrary.


4. "Transformers." I've heard this is decent enough for a big dumb action film, but I'm having nasty visions of a "G.I. Joes" film adaptation running through my head.


5. "Ratatouille," Is this some sort of opposite land where solid, entertaining films are popular? What's going on here?


6. "Live Free or Die Hard." Ah. There we go.


7. "License to Wed." At what point in the creation of this film did this seem like a good idea? And why are people seeing it? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY? ARE YOU ALL SNIFFING PAINT? WHAT THE FUCK?!


8. "1408," in which John Cusack plays a man who meets Samuel L. Jackson while drudging the bottom of the Stephen King adaptation barrel.


9. "Even Almighty." This still exists? I thought everyone involved had had their genitals torn off by rabid badgers. Or did I just dream that?


10. "Knocked Up." Opposite world again.

No comments: